Kevin M. Davis is an Associate in Caplin & Drysdale's Complex Litigation Group and is a cum laude graduate of the Georgetown University Law Center.
Mr. Davis' principal practice area is complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on creditors' rights and bankruptcy litigation. He represents individual and corporate clients in a diverse range of matters in state and federal courts across the country. In particular, Mr. Davis has substantial experience representing and advising exempt organizations, including charities, labor organizations, and trade associations in complex litigation, bankruptcy, and regulatory matters. For example, he has played a key role in:
- representing a 501(c)(3) organization and its directors and officers in a multi-million dollar derivative lawsuit arising from a putative corporate governance dispute;
- advising a national nonprofit credit counseling company on compliance with state and federal regulations and responding to state examinations;
- representing a labor organization creditor in a large a Chapter 11 bankruptcy;
- advising a telecommunications trade association on its rights vis-à-vis a member in Chapter 11 bankruptcy; and
- counseling a major charitable foundation on issues arising from a Chapter 9 municipal bankruptcy.
Mr. Davis has considerable experience defending the rights and interests of creditors, tort claimants, official creditors' committees, and unions in complex Chapter 11 bankruptcies, including mass tort bankruptcies. He has provided clients with a full range of services in a number of noteworthy bankruptcy cases, including:
- Garlock Sealing Technologies LLC (Bankr. W.D.N.C.)
- Rapid-American Corporation (Bankr. S.D.N.Y.)
- AMR Corporation (American Airlines) (Bankr. S.D.N.Y.)
- City Homes, Inc. (Bankr. D. Md.)
- Yarway Corporation (Bankr. D. Del.)
- Geo. V. Hamilton, Inc. (Bankr. W.D. Pa.)
- Sepco Corporation (Bankr. N.D. Ohio)
- Eagle, Inc. (Bankr. E.D. La.)
Mr. Davis also has substantial experience representing corporate clients in government investigations, litigation, and arbitration involving anti-corruption, government contracting, and antitrust issues.